Monday, May 17, 2010

Farwell

It has been two weeks since they left American soil and I am finally feeling stable enough to post! After a 24 hour travel ordeal they arrived in Cebu City, Philippines. Jess said it would be at least 2 years before he could even think about getting on a plane again. Deb is a little bit tougher, good thing she is there to take care of "princess" as Erika calls him. It was hard to say goodbye but we are so proud of them and know they will do a great job. Here are a few of the things I will miss.......in no particular order.
*having dad call and check on the weather, and us.....weather first!
*having mom call and ask if I could look up a phone number for her
*watching Annie "style" grandam's hair and do her make-up
*playing the Wii with Jess, he bowls a mean game
*having them come and visit and going shopping
*having them visit and Jess making breakfast......he should think about a career as a cook
*just knowing that they are only 4 hours away
It's a short list and I could go on, but my emotional stability is leaving me. I love you mom and dad!

4 comments:

  1. My heart and thoughts are with you Andrea. I know how close you are to your parents...but thank goodness to modern conveniences you still remain just as close. WEB CAM a MUST!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...they were just HERE a minute ago telling us all abou tit. Now their gone? Sorry it is so hard on you! I can only imagine. prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. did I really just typo profanity?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steve's dad told me about their mission. That is great! How exciting for them. Sorry it is so hard. Just think about all the blessing that their service will give to them and your family.

    ReplyDelete