Friday, April 3, 2009

Disney strike

So I have offically decided to go on a Walt Disney movie strike. I'm sure you all remember the post from the other day in which I related a story about Cade calling me Cruella. Well, he has done it again! Yesterday we took the kids out for a celebratory lunch to Burger King. (Cade's choice for having a fabulous report card, the kid is too smart for his own good!) On the way home he told me that two boys were being mean to them in the playland. Here is how the conversation went down.......
Cade: Two of those boys were being really mean to me and Annie. They weren't letting us climb up the slide. (duh, slide etiquette, no climbing UP it!)
Me: Really, that isn't very nice.
Cade: Don't worry, I called them imbeciles!
Me: WHAT?
Cade: Yeah, I told them what imbeciles they were.
Perfect. If you own 101 Dalmatians I suggest you burn it. Anyway, what is up with Disney? 101 Dalmatians isn't my only issue, here are some others.

1. Cruella smokes
2. Cinderella is abused
3. Belle lives with a beast
4. Seashells. I don't think I need to go into that!
5. Why don't any of them have mothers? Sleeping Beauty is the only one and her mom ships her off to live with fairies.

DISNEY MOVIE STRIKE
(I might last 2 days!)

3 comments:

  1. That's hilarious!! However, I do agree with you that some part of every disney movie is messed up!! You're right, almost every movie has one or both parents die. I hate that, It kinda bothers me. Anyways, I like your blog! Go Andrea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. dont even get me started on Dumbo, he goes to visit his mom in circus jail, and then he gets drunk? and Pinochio smokes like a chimney and then gets kidnapped and turned into a donkey. it gave lane nightmares for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are to funny! And every disney show has some kind of villain and happily ever after doesn't come until someone is killed. What are we teaching our kids... oh...gotta go put Snow White on for the kids...talk to ya later :) Just kidding!

    ReplyDelete