Monday, March 16, 2009

Cade's not allergic to ham, right?

So the kids were asking if we could get a pet yesterday. Unfortunately/thankfully Cade is allergic to both cats and dogs. I HATE cats so we would never get one and I am afraid of dogs so that was probably not happening either. Anyway, I reminded Cade that he was allergic so the answer was no. Then came the discussion of what they could get.
* Bird (NO WAY Kristen would never come visit)
*Fish...possibly. We have had one before but I froze it, on accident! During the CA trip last winter there was no heat and the poor guy didn't make it.
*Frog...EW gross.

Last but not least my favorite idea that Annie came up with
"a hamster. Cade's not allergic to ham, right mom!" Sorry but that is probably the cutest thing I have ever heard! I had a good laugh. Once it was settled that IF we got a pet it would be a fish, the naming began. Here is a list of possibilities of the name for the fish we may/may not get.

Fish (original)
Mr. Fish
chuck
mashed potatoes (we were also discussing dinner at the time)
chuck taylor

Time will tell if I relent and let them get the fish. I hate cleaning out the bowl, it sicks me out. They were also curious about were fish poop and pee goes. Perhaps I should turn on Animal Plant once in a while.

3 comments:

  1. k, maam, i'm laughing so hard right now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!! Also- I would never under any circumstances come to visit if you got a bird. And- maybe you get them a fish but Cade has to clean the tank? I would make such a good mother wouldn't I. Name it Scott.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol - just take them to the pet store and turn them loose. but don't let them buy a thing. it's awesome.

    ReplyDelete